Wednesday 10 April 2013

Getting more eccentric??

A wander into one of our local junk/secondhand shops the other day in my lunch break had me leaving with a wonderful eclectic handful of Indian napkin ring holders for $4! Garish gold with green, blue, yellow and red glass embedded in them made me a very happy chappy indeed!!
The find was particularly opportune as a week or so ago l came across (at the Margate Train my absolute favourite secondhand shop!) this amazing ultimately garish cutlery set!!! A perfect accompaniment to my purple wine goblets and my ever growing collection of red glass! They are Thai,brushed brass with Bison horn (oh dear!) handles!!! Amazing! l just love them!!
All l need now is people for dinner to display all my acquisitions and l will be in heaven!!
l also splashed out on this lamp that l have had my eye on for months. It is just perfect for here. There used to be two and l dithered over them then.On my last visit there was only one left so l grabbed it before someone else did! And l WILL clean the brass Ma.... l promise !!!
l love the detail on the stem. It looks like it used to be something else before it was made into a light stand?
Margate Train.l love you but you are sooooo not good for my bank balance!

No comments:

Post a Comment