Monday 24 June 2013

Putting it out there!!!

The following link is a video of a song that l wrote a few years ago. When my brother came down for Christmas last year he filmed it for us. l don't love it (who ever does like looking at and hearing themselves??) but l do love the footage of us and the farm and especially Geoff looking like some farmer from the backwoods of America in the 1940's! Nothing was planned ,it's just a compilation of random footage taken during the day. He has done an amazing job even though the whole thing was recorded on his iphone hidden in the little pile of hay at my feet in the barn!
l have written the lyrics below to give you more of an idea. l hope you enjoy it!

https://vimeo.com/68836617

A wise man once told me
This worlds on its side
It's weary and aching, broken and tired
So he said ,ask all the questions
Don't put up with no lies
And watch all the footprints you leave behind
He said your gonna reap what you sow girl
And the whole of mankind
You've got to love this place that you leave behind
For the next generation, the new and the young
Should they have our mistakes when we are gone?
He said your gonna reap what you sow girl
And the whole of mankind
And watch all the footprints that you leave behind
Reap what you sow girl, reap what you sow
Reap what you sow girl...............


 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, oh my, oh my. Thank you. So very beautiful. I feel warmed and lifted. Just beautiful. What clever, wondrous people you all are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... but I really would love to have it on my iPod. How does one ludite technophobe do such a thing?

    ReplyDelete