Tuesday 18 October 2016

MORE pickets!!

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, if you have ever wondered what 100 x 1200mm Colonial Pickets, all painted, two coats, ready to go up on a fence look like ......here you go! All drying on a scaffold that (thankfully) didn't collapse and send wet soggy painted pickets crashing down into dust, dirt and hay! (Phew!)
An endless sea of water based white gloss paint!
Very VERY boring! ..............WHY didn't l buy myself a spray gun????? All day it took me! ALLLLLLL day!!!! 
l thought l was well and truly finished and done with painting these wretched things............but gardens DO expand as l have discovered........
So yesterday the rails went on and tomorrow........... (weather permitting!) the pickets get attached! Heavens!..... One of those rails looks terribly crooked in this photo!
Luckily they look straight enough once on the posts!
Looking forward to tomorrow armed with my trusty cordless drill and screws! Let's just hope l can get them all on in a straight line!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Where do you find the energy for all of this!!! You make me feel really pedestrian

    I can only assume it must be White Wine. I shall have to swap from Red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh yes maybe Richard, But it's all horses for courses. You might be impressed by my energy but l myself cannot EVER imagine having the energy to cycle for miles like you guys do in the stifling Florida heat! That would have me turning to the GIN let alone the white wine!

    ReplyDelete