Monday 16 April 2012

Pictures

Geoff and l have finally got around to putting a few pictures up about the place. Is taken 6 months but we seem to have not got around to it until now! We still have heaps to put up but its nice having some old familiar friends gracing the walls again!
This is one of Geoff's!
This one from my talented Ma!
A picture capturing a bye gone era. Pages of an old old catalogue displaying everything from harness to chaff cutters!
Another one of Geoff's in the hallway!
Two more in fact!!!
A framed photo my Dad took many years ago in some European city whose name escapes me....! Blimey.......that wall looks green!!!
l love this watercolour!
A Windmill somewhere possibly in Holland but it reminds me of one near a town in Norfolk,UK that Mum and l stayed in once.
A few modern pictures in the mix too!
And quite possibly one of my favourites.l have it listed as being called Ned On The Brown Mare by Sir Alfred Munnings.. but l think its actually called The Huntsman.........either way l do love it....a print of course!!! Sadly!
This exquisite little miniature is just beautiful. l found it in an antique shop in Hobart and Geoff bought it for me for a birthday. It has a velvet mount to go around its overly elaborate frame and l just love i!
This picture here is probably the oldest possession l have! l think l must have had this painting since l was about 10 years old? Ma.....correct me on that??? Its called "On Hawks Estate" and as a little girl l used to gaze at it longingly through the window at our local Art Gallery.
This is Geoff's Corroboree! It's a really weird dark painting that makes sense but doesn't........if that makes sense!!!!
Even a portrait of my old dog Diesel from W.A that my sister gave me as a present one year.
And lastly this old picture that l think belonged to my Grandmother. It's actually painted on the back of a piece of glass which was quite a popular method in those days!
Lots of lovely pictures with many more to go up.Cant wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment